Monday, April 7, 2008

Choir of Angels on Tour...

If you've wondered about My Power Mall, and how much of what they preach (about changing the world and helping children) is actually put into practice, here's an excerpt from a message I received from Ginny this morning...

..."Before I tell you some about the last few days I want to tell all our new members that THIS is why we exist. Yes, we have created a powerful business for you to gain financial freedom but the bigger purpose is that My Power Mall is the vehicle we use through my bigger company, Together We Can Change The World, Inc., to help non-profits and people all over the world. You see, I really do happen to believe that TOGETHER we can change the world! While we help 1000's of Non-Profits through My Power Mall, and will help hundreds of thousands more in the future, as a company we have adopted an orphanage in Uganda and are doing everything we can to help the children there. Part of that involved bringing the SIFA Choir over. Take a look at these wonderful children!

I could write for days about the horrors and suffering these children have experienced as their parents have died of AIDS, as they have struggled to survive, and of the burdens they carry daily. I could also write for days of the struggles Carrie & Jamie, the two Americans who went to Uganda to bring them here, overcame as they worked to get Passports and VISAs for the children and the 3 Ugandan chaperones who are with them. I took Carrie & Jamie out for dinner last night and was astonished at how diffiicult it was to get the Choir out of the country - and equally amazed at the incredible things that happened to make it possible."....

Unfortunately, Ginny's article is too long to post in its entirety here, but it brought tears to my eyes as I shared the story of these children...

No comments: