Sunday, December 2, 2007

Empowered Fundraising is all about Building Financial Freedom

Here is a letter I received from Ginny Dye, founder and CEO of My Power Mall, one of the programs we recommend for people who wish to raise money for any purpose. Please read and enjoy.

If you would like to accept your free gift of your own Power Mall you can simply click on the link on this page in the right hand column under the heading "Empowered Fundraising Approved Resources" and can get your own Power Mall up and running instantly....!

Thanks Ginny, you are an inspiration to us all!



Building Financial Freedom... by Ginny Dye....

What does that mean? Well, I think it certainly means something different for everyone, but as we move past Thanksgiving and into the holiday season I would like to share what it means to me. My definition has certainly changed in the last few years.


I used to have a goal to be a millionaire. I envisioned a huge home and all the money I could ever want. I thought my worth was determined by the definition of success that so many people have crammed down my throat. Not any more.

Financial Freedom - Enough money to live comfortably and fulfill the purpose I am meant to fulfill.

I no longer dream of being a millionaire. Do I believe that I will personally generate more than a million dollars as My Power Mall grows. Certainly. It's just that I no longer dream of being a millionaire. Now I dream of GIVING millions.

Please understand that I hold no judgement for people who want to be millionaires, and I know that My Power Mall can make that happen for you. I will be happy for you.

It's just that I have personally decided that water tastes the same from a $10 goblet, rather than one that costs $100. I am happy driving an 11 year old truck and will only buy another one when this one finally dies on me. I don't need a 5,000 square foot home. I just want a warm home that is cozy, welcoming, and a great place to entertain all the people in my life. I will always bargain shop and be thankful for the sales the Hot Deals team and the Shopping Alert teams share with me. It's not that I don't like nice things, and it's not that I will not let myself enjoy some of them - it's just that I also know none of them are the path to happiness - they are a by-product!

You see, I will only feel financially free when I have first made all of you who are willing to take advantage of what we offer you with My Power Mall, financially free. That looks differently from all of you. I will never forget an email I received from a member in South America who shared that just $400 a month would make him financially free. WOW! That is true in so many countries of the world. While Americans dream of tens of thousands of dollars a month, millions of people in the world would jump for joy to have $100 a month! It would mean the difference between being hungry, or not. It would mean the difference between being cold or warm. That's why I am so committed to making My Power Mall work for all our International members - no matter where you live.

Financial freedom will mean that I can quit working 15-16 hour days. It will mean I can regain my title as the "Queen of Play" - at least for more time than I have now. :) It means I will have more free time to spend with the people I care about. It will mean I no longer have to worry about paying bills, and that I can have the "savings cushion" I dream of. See - I'm not so different from all of you! It will also mean that I can help establish orphanages all over the world. It will mean I can buy gift certificates from Grocery stores and give them to the homeless. It will mean I can help make a difference for Foster Children.

It will mean I can increase my "Envelope Crusade". :) What is the envelope crusade? I've dreamed of this for years... Each day I want to put $100 in 10 envelopes. Each envelope will hold a My Power Mall invitation card, and some motivational material. Then, as I move through my day, I will watch for people that need some help. I might be in a grocery store and see a woman who trips my "she needs help" trigger. When she is not watching, I will slip the envelope in her shopping cart. Or perhaps I will slip it in the window of a car. Or drop it on someone's front step. The key will be that it is done anonymously - simply one human being helping another. I've already begun - it's just not at the scope I dream of.

The $100 is not really the important part, though I know it will help so many people. Introducing them to My Power Mall and letting them know someone out there cares about them and is aware of their struggle is what truly matters. Can you imagine what the world would be like if hundreds of thousands of people did that - even if you could only give away one envelope a month - and even if it held less than $100?

As you work to build Financial Freedom with My Power Mall, decide just what Financial Freedom is for you.

Create a LIFE for yourself - not just money in the bank. Create a LEGACY of what you have given the world - not just an impressive ledger sheet. Create RELATIONSHIPS - not a definition of yourself as a workaholic. Use My Power Mall to empower you to be all you're meant to be, and to give all you're meant to give!

Ginny Dye - PowerMall CEO

No comments: